Stainless Steel Backsplash
Modern kitchens are equipped with backsplash to serve several functions. The main function of backsplash is to create a wet-free space, because backsplash provides a barrier for the wall against water that’s splashed around the sink. Not only that it is important, it adds a unique value to the kitchen as well.
When you choose the right backsplash, your kitchen can be transformed from nothing to—basically—everything. The uniqueness of certain backsplash patterns can change the atmosphere in the kitchen too. For example, rock backsplash creates a natural effect, while metal backsplash may create an industrial effect.
Another material is stainless steel. It has been used as the base of a lot of different kitchen appliances, such as fridge, oven, etc. We have provided you with 4 excellent reasons why stainless steel backsplash is better than other materials. Let’s take a look!
- 1 4 Reasons to Use Stainless Steel Backsplash
- 2 Pros And Cons of Stainless Steel Backsplash
- 3 9 Interesting Ideas of Stainless Steel Backsplash
4 Reasons to Use Stainless Steel Backsplash
There are at least 4 reasons that will make you choose backsplash made of stainless steel. Here is the list:
Stainless steel has that sleek-modern look that everybody’s looking for. Sometimes, its futuristic appearance makes people think that it is expensive. In reality, stainless steel backsplash is more affordable compared to stone backsplash.
2. Durable and Last Long
This material is suitable for those who fancy long lasting products. Its ability to reduce the risk of mold makes it more durable. Other than that, its metallic appearance is interesting to look at.
3. Manageable Installation
Sometimes, we need to have extra money to hire a specialist to install backsplash. Actually, stainless steel is a light material that’s easy to install.
You don’t need a specialist’s hand, because you do it by yourself. This will help you reduce the costs, so the money can be allocated to other needs.
4. Visible Spots
Not only that its clear surface helps you find dirty spots easily, but this material also provides a surface that won’t allow stains to stay. With a simple fabric and warm water, the spots are gone. Another way is to clean the surface using baking soda or vinegar.
Pros And Cons of Stainless Steel Backsplash
After knowing the reasons of why you should buy backsplash from stainless steel, you also need to understand why people love it, as well as why they choose to buy other materials. Here are the pros and cons:
- Stainless steel backsplash is practical and economical because of several reasons: (1) it is easy to clean, (2) it resists heat and water, so it can’t be harmed by temperature or splashing water from the sink, (3) it lasts long, because it doesn’t require re-polishing, and (4) it is hygienic enough to prevent bacteria from dirty kitchen tools to spread.
- Stainless steel backsplash has a modern look. These days, the majority of American families prefer to have stainless steel backsplash and other appliances, such as fridge and oven, rather than other materials. Mostly, they are falling in love with stainless steel backsplashes’ updated look.
- Stainless steel backsplash absorbs and reflects light. This causes the area around it to appear larger than it actually is. This effect creates not only such illusion, but it also gives the entire kitchen a high-end atmosphere. With stainless steel backsplash, the space becomes luxurious.
- Although it is easy to clean, the stain that occurs has to be cleaned immediately, especially if the stains come from tomatoes or lemons, which is a kind of acidic food. If left longer, the stains would damage the backsplash rather fast. Such damage can also be caused by using wrong cleaning products, so you have to be cautious.
- Even though stainless steel backsplash is durable. Its durability has to be supported by a strong and sturdy support. If it is not strong enough, the backsplash may get dented and then it becomes loud, which is not something that you want to have, right?
- Despite its majestic look, if accompanied by wrong furniture style, stainless steel backsplash can look cold and, maybe, stiff. Such effect comes from stainless steel’s nature that becomes cold as it is used overtime.
9 Interesting Ideas of Stainless Steel Backsplash
If you agree with the pros mentioned above, we have provided 9 brilliant ideas of stainless steel backsplash that will magically transform your dull kitchen into a sleek, modern one.
Moreover, if you believe in the cons above, you need to look at this list to find out why you are wrong. Take a look!
1. Diamond Shape Backsplash
This idea is suitable to those who wish for a sleek, modern kitchen. The cutting-edge style of this design is mesmerizing.
As you can see, the reflection of lights on the backsplash is beautiful. This is not only backsplash; it resembles an art. Such appearance pleases home owners’ eyes and adds the value of the space.
2. Tile Backsplash
This design is very unique and the uniqueness lies on its cutting style. The shape of the tiles is simple, yet it looks modern. The clear surface of this stainless steel backsplash is mirror-like. Such effect creates an illusion of the room appearing larger.
Also, you can customize the size of these backsplash tiles—The larger the room; the larger the tiles. On the opposite, a smaller kitchen space is a perfect match for a smaller stainless steel backsplash tiles.
3. Brushed Steel Backsplash
This particular idea allows you to use one single cut stainless steel to cover the backsplash area from top to bottom. This design gives you a clean cut, sleek backsplash that looks extremely modern and updated.
Moreover, it looks hygienic too. Other than that, this design helps you to spot stains or finger prints easily. Once you find them, clean them right away!
4. Unique Pattern Backsplash
Stainless steel backsplash’ metallic look is amazing. Looking at this picture, you will agree that it looks almost satisfying.
The design of the tiles is different. It shows simplicity within a very complex pattern.
However, to some home owners, this pattern is rather eye-hurting because it’s not sleek or clean cut. To avoid such trouble, you can extend the backsplash upward.
5. Combined Stainless Steel Backsplash
To some home owners, the color of stainless steel backsplash is not inviting since it is only one color. That is a problem easy to be solved!
By combining stainless steel with another—or possibly other—metal(s), you are not only creating a distinguished look, but you are also taking a risk to try new possibilities.
FYI, other kinds of metals that you can choose are tin, brass, chrome, etc.
6. See Through-like Backsplash
The most important aspect in the kitchen is the cleanliness. Since the space is used for cooking, preparing or processing our foods, it has to be the most hygienic area in the house, so, combined your inner clean-freak with this tidy design.
From afar, the stainless steel backsplash looks like a looking glass that it almost seems invisible. This look is perfect for those who admire a clean style, because this style is often referred to modern and updated styles.
7. Mosaic Mediterranean Backsplash
The most significant realty for a centerpiece lags the range. Develop centerpieces by altering the pattern or color design of your products, whether that’s laying tile at an angle or blending and matching complimentary colors.
And if you’re on a budget plan, spend lavishly on that stove-top wall and utilize a cheaper product all over else.
8. Vintage Pattern Backsplash
Perhaps, stainless steel backsplash with small textures is too strong for your taste, and then this idea is specifically made for your preference.
These are vintage backsplash tiles because they have big square cut that almost look like silver instead of familiar sleek stainless look.
Moreover, the wooden cabinets and the brownish granite countertop support the vintage value of the tiles. That is why this idea is highly recommended for those who prefer traditional style rather than modern.
9. Masculine Style Backsplash
This idea is suitable for men who love cooking. Claim your territory by transforming the whole kitchen space with manly design and style. The L-shape kitchen layout reflects men’s simple style.
The manly style is also shown from the combination of colors, which are black and white.
In this picture, the stainless steel backsplash appears in its natural color that is metallic white. The color is balanced perfectly with all black cabinets and black kitchen island and bar, while the outside of the bar is left in distinct metallic white.